- CyBall is an NFT-based game where users can collect and form a team of CyBlocs and face off against other teams online, or trade and mentor new CyBlocs within the CyBall's ecosystem
- CyBall is not simply click-to-earn, but think-to-earn; players must devise clever tactics to beat their opponents without relying too much on the stats of their individual CyBlocs. Even players with CyBlocs of the lowest stats can beat those who have the top-tier CyBlocs with the right strategy.
- In late 2021, CyBall secured $1.8M in Seed Round led by BITKRAFT Ventures together with Impossible Finance, Animoca Brands, Ascensive Assets, Yield Guild Games (YGG), Merit Circle, GuildFi, Ancient8, Avocado Guild, Good Games Guild (GGG), Coin98, Raydium, LuaVentures, ROK Capital, PANONY, SkyVision Capital and MEXC Global.
- On November 2021, CyBall held the WorldÃ¢â¬â¢s first Triple IGO Event across three different platforms: BinanceNFT, CyBall, and GuildFi. The CyBallÃ¢â¬â¢s Genesis Packs sold out in under 1 minute and at the time, was record-breaking with a trading volume of 10M on Binance NFT within the first 7 days.
- CyBall has seasonal guild leagues called Rumble Royale. CyBallÃ¢â¬â¢s Rumble Royale Season 2 just ended last June with total rewards of 35K $CYB for the Top32 guild. Currently, Royale Rumble Season 3 is underway.
- The core teams behind CyBall have solid backgrounds and experience in Gaming, Blockchain, Marketing, and Software Engineering.
- In early June 2022, an upgraded version of CyBall called CyBall Reborn launched with new UI and animations. This version will also introduce new features as follows: Custom Room, 5v5, Training modes, Stadium, CyLoans V2, New Season of Leagues, Leaderboard reset, Matchmaking, and other balances.
- At the time of writing, CyBall has 60.9K followers on Twitter, 89.2K members on Discord, 16.4K members on Telegram, and 1.2K subscribers on YouTube.
- Cyball concentrates on interacting with the community. It can be seen by the holding of various events such as AMA with gaming guilds, Fan-art Competition, Bug Bounty Program, Community-Pool NFT Fund Program, and Global Streaming Event.
CyBall is a futuristic football-themed (US: soccer), NFT-based game where users can collect and form a team of CyBlocs and face off against other teams online, or trade and mentor new CyBlocs within the CyBall's ecosystem. Initially, the game will launch on BNB Chain with immediate plans to launch on Solana as soon as it is ready to create a multi-chain gaming environment.
The CyBall game engine combines different elements of strategy, simulation, and chance into the form of an exciting and competitive turn-based football card game, where players compete to see who can score the most goals. Players train up their CyBlocs to compete in various game modes with varying levels of rewards. Existing CyBlocs can also mentor young CyBlocs, creating the next generation of unique NFTs. In future expansions, we aim to give players more ways to spend accrued rewards, both in CyBall and in the wider CyBloc universe.
CyBall features a Play-to-Earn mechanism, which has been made viable by blockchain economics. This revolutionary model has proven to be a major income source not only for active and casual players alike but also for NFT collectors who are looking to loan out their assets.
CyBall Reborn is launched in early June for Windows and Android, followed by macOS and iOS within the coming weeks once it has all the required certificates sorted out. Here are some of the several highly anticipated features after CyBall Reborn: Custom Room (so that users can play friendly matches with each other), 5v5, Training modes, Stadium, CyLoans V2, New Season of Leagues, Leaderboard reset, Matchmaking, and other balances.
In this upgraded version of CyBall, each match will now cost 6 energy instead of 3 (i.e. each account can play a maximum of 10 matches per day). The rewards (XP and CBT) from winning a match have been doubled as each match now costs twice the amount of energy required.
To play CyBall, users have to choose CyBlocs for their team and Tactic Cards, which are used to strategically affect certain parameters to help them defeat the opponent. Each CyBloc has 3 main stats: Class, Trait, and Skills. Each stat has tiers from low to high and can be leveled up by playing the game. The combination of these stats allows for an almost limitless variety of teams with unique styles and strategies.
There are several Key Events (rounds) in a match with an equal amount in each half. Users have 30 seconds to select which 1 or 2 CyBloc(s) from their team to participate in each Key Event, as well as which Tactic Card to play that turn if they have enough Tactic Power and wish to play one. Whichever team has the most goals by the end of the last Key Event, wins. If the score is tied at the end of the match, both users go into a Showdown (Penalty Rounds to determine the winner.
The CyBall game engine sets out to combine varying elements of strategy, simulation, and randomness (RNG) into the form of a turn-based card game. Users race to train up their CyBlocs to battle in various game modes: Exhibition, League, Tournaments, and Training.
- 3 CyBlocs
- 6 Key Events
- Shorter match duration
- Introduced with the release of CyBall Reborn
- 5 CyBlocs
- 10 Key Events
- Longer match duration
CyBall applies a dual token model with $CBT, the utility token, and $CYB, the governance token.
Tin Tran ( Co-Founder )
Tin is in charge of overseeing the entire technical strategy and operations between different teams from product design to development. Coming from an engineering background, he has grown into a blockchain enthusiast since 2016 and a DeFi researcher since 2020. Tin has a way of turning even the most obscure ideas into coherent plans by breaking down the key core components. His unique knowledge of game logic and blockchain economies has enabled him to foster CyBalls development and vision from day one.
Kevin Bui - Co-Founder
Kevin brings a wealth of design, marketing, and branding expertise after founding his own successful Australian athleisure wear business. He has a keen eye for design and an even greater intuition for market trends and behaviors. Having seen the early onsets of the space, Kevin has been heavily investing his time in understanding crypto-economics, trends, and the overall industry. At CyBall, Kevin is the head of design thanks to his meticulous nature.
Long Vuong - Co-Founding Advisor
Long is the CEO and Founder of TomoChain. He has been developing and participating in some of the earliest infrastructures of the cryptocurrency space. As a seasoned blockchain guru and economics expert, he has also advised and contributed to several blockchain projects globally. Long is leading not just Tomochain but also other products and ecosystem strategies, notably TomoMaster the governance Dapp, LuaSwap multi-chain liquidity protocol, and Solscan BlockExplorer for Solana Blockchain. Excited about what blockchain gaming can evolve into, Long brings an extensive amount of knowledge and network to CyBall.
Aaron Yee - Co-Founder
Aaron, an ex-Animoca Brands Product Manager, has 10+ years of experience in game development, from conceptualization to market launch. When it comes to game design and development, he has seen it all. In the early days, Aaron started as a game designer for Disneys Frozen. From then, he ventured into mobile publishing for Animoca Brands, where he was in charge of sourcing games and merging them with popular IPs. After a short stint at SoftBank, he is now back in the gaming industry and is currently involved in multiple crypto gaming projects.
At the time of writing, CyBall has 60.9K followers on Twitter, 89.2K members on Discord, 16.4K members on Telegram, and 1.2K subscribers on YouTube. The team responds quite quickly on both Discord and Telegram to questions and problems raised by the community.
Besides the typical Discord channel discussions around gameplay, feedback, strategies, bug and price discussion, there are also fun channels for memes, fan art, and game. Members from non-English countries are also accepted and given their respective channels for an international chat.
Furthermore, CyBall concentrates on interacting with the community, including hosting interviews, AMA, Fan-art Competition, Bug Bounty Program, and Global Streaming Event. There are also community streams that are great for players to socialize and share their experiences playing CyBall.